draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, sp ecifications, "stability", and extensions

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Jan 7 13:52:53 CET 2005

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin scripsit:
> Dear John,
> thank you to acknowledge that the proposed draft "_impose_" something !
> It therefore do not report on an existing practice.
> thank you to acknowledge that the proposed draft even "_limits_" the
> current practice !
> thank you to explain that the decision of the user is replaced by an
> a-priori obligation .. resulting from a decision of a member of this list.

The practice that is being limited is that of the language tag review
process (the list, the Reviewer, IANA), not of any user.  Users are
free to use language tags or not, of course.

> Technically, these remarks are however without incidence on John Klenin's
> remark: a limitation is only a (negative) extension.

And tyranny is only negative liberty, I suppose?  Hogwash.

> (except that the IANA registrations should be transfered to IANA now  [...])

Is this supposed to mean something?

--
"How they ever reached any conclusion at all    jcowan at reutershealth.com>
is starkly unknowable to the human mind."       http://www.reutershealth.com