draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, sp ecifications, "stability", and extensions

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Jan 7 02:44:33 CET 2005

Dear John,
thank you to acknowledge that the proposed draft "_impose_" something ! It
therefore do not report on an existing practice.
thank you to acknowledge that the proposed draft even "_limits_" the
current practice !
thank you to explain that the decision of the user is replaced by an
a-priori obligation .. resulting from a decision of a member of this list.

Technically, these remarks are however without incidence on John Klenin's
remark: a limitation is only a (negative) extension. I support _every_
position of John Klensin today (except that the IANA registrations should
be transfered to IANA now which would set-up a global procedure equal to
all, to address the possible discrepancies between the RFC 3066 and the
draft). This would permit an acceptance by the IESG. Otherwise such an
acceptance is unadvisable.
jfc