Language X within scope of language Y

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Thu Feb 3 13:58:29 CET 2005

L.Gillam scripsit:

> > ISO 3166-3 is not relevant to RFC 3066 or RFC 3066bis.
>
> Your answer, I guess, depends on your definition of relevant. And,
> perhaps, whether you want to refer to ISO standards for dealing with
> Yugoslavia. I'd have thought these could be used in combination with
> the singletons of 3066bis. Perhaps not?

ISO 3166-3 doesn't code for geographical areas.  It codes
for changes in the names/codes of countries.  In what way could a
change in the name/code of a country be relevant to its language?
Countries don't change their languages when they change their names.

The burden of persuasion is on you.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
If a traveler were informed that such a man [as Lord John Russell] was