recently-approved tags

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Apr 12 20:32:43 CEST 2005

At 18:03 +0200 2005-04-12, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

>>>Michael, my mail was copied to the AFRAC list. [...]
>>>
>>>PS. Merci de ne respecter la règle de ne pas
>>>copier vos commentaires sur les listes
>>>alvestrand/ietf.
>>
>>I received your mail on the IETF language tags
>>list and I responded to it there. Perhaps you
>>could just refrain from posting here at all.
>
>Either this list is a private list, which might
>justify your suggestion. Either it is a IANA
>list and your suggestion is innapropriate.

1. Jefsey sends mail to
ietf-languages at alvestrand.no apparently calling
Michael and others "sorcerer's apprentices"

2. Michael objects to it on ietf-languages at alvestrand.no.

3. Jefsey complains that he copied his mail to
some other list, and asks Michael not to respond
to Jefsey's posts to ietf-languages at alvestrand.no
on ietf-languages at alvestrand.no

4. Michael tells Jefsey to go away and leave him alone.

>The status of this list is subject to a Draft
>under discussion. You would be most welcome to
>join the list where this Draft is discussed.

Not in a thousand years.

>To my understanding however the present list has
>never been discussed as being an IETF list.
>However considering the idea, it could be good
>one: this list could be a permanent IETF WG,
>publishing regular (yearly) updates as RFC
>maintained through regular Drafts. This could
>actually solve a lot of IANA related issues,
>since the Drafts and RFCs are a very well
>established system.

Go away and leave me alone.