recently-approved tags

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Tue Apr 12 18:03:45 CEST 2005

At 17:19 12/04/2005, Michael Everson wrote:
>At 15:36 +0200 2005-04-12, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
>
>>Michael, my mail was copied to the AFRAC list. [...]
>>
>>PS. Merci de ne respecter la règle de ne pas copier vos commentaires sur
>>les listes alvestrand/ietf.
>
>I received your mail on the IETF language tags list and I responded to it
>there. Perhaps you could just refrain from posting here at all.

I am afraid you have to chose. Either this list is a private list, which
might justify your suggestion. Either it is a IANA list and your suggestion
is innapropriate. Or it is an IETF list (but to my knowledge no one ever
suggested it) and your suggestion is a violation of the IETF rules.

I am sorry to be strict in all this. As explained many times, the disregard
of formalism is a source of many of the difficulties created/met by this
list. The status of this list is subject to a Draft under discussion. You
would be most welcome to join the list where this Draft is discussed.

To my understanding however the present list has never been discussed as
being an IETF list. However considering the idea, it could be good one:
this list could be a permanent IETF WG, publishing regular (yearly) updates
as RFC maintained through regular Drafts. This could actually solve a lot
of IANA related issues, since the Drafts and RFCs are a very well
established system.

jfc