recently-approved tags

Tex Texin tex at xencraft.com
Tue Apr 12 08:02:39 CEST 2005

However, approving (more) tags of the form lang-script-region presumes
agreement for that format. Since we don't have agreement on a standard
we don't know that this is the best choice. Potentially, registering
more languages in this format locks us into a style for which we might
ultimately regret. (Because it makes spec'ing an alternative more
difficult.)

It would have been better to hold off and finish the standard.

If there isn't an urgent need for the remainder it would be better to
wait.

tex

Peter Constable wrote:

> With the tags Michael has just approved, most of the tags Mark Davis and
> I requested 2 1/2 months ago have been approved.

> bs-Latn
> iu-Cans
> iu-Latn
> mn-Cyrl
> mn-Mong
> tg-Arab
> tg-Cyrl
> zh-Hant-HK
> zh-Hans-HK
> zh-Hant-CN
> zh-Hans-CN
> zh-Hant-TW
> zh-Hans-TW
> zh-Hant-SG
> zh-Hans-SG
> zh-Hant-MO
> zh-Hans-MO
>
> The following were requested, but not approved on the grounds that
> Inuktitut is spoken by a significant population only in Canada -- a
> point that I conceded:
>
> iu-Cans-CA
> iu-Latn-CA
>
> That leaves the following, which I'm still wondering about:
>
> bs-Cyrl-BA
> bs-Latn-BA
> tg-Arab-TJ
> tg-Cyrl-TJ
> mn-Cyrl-MN
> mn-Mong-CN
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter Constable
> GIFT | GPTS | MICROSOFT

Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:Tex at XenCraft.com

Making e-Business Work Around the World