RFC3066bis progress: extensions

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 5 18:44:47 CET 2004

> From: Mark Davis [mailto:mark.davis at jtcsv.com]

> I don't recall the message. But you all should look at the latest
draft

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-phillips-langtags-01.txt
>
> You will see that we have changed the extensions quite significantly
from the
> original. It is now basically a way of having a language tag with some
> private-use stuff attached to it.

And you should look at my message, because it raises a question
precisely about whether attaching private-use stuff to a language tag,
as described in that draft, serves any useful purpose.

Please look at that message to see why I ask the question and respond
with whether you still think there is a case for this, and what that
case is. If you need me to resend, I can do so.

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division