[YES] The Linguasphere proposal is suited to RFC 3066(oritssuccessors) and its consuming protocols

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Mon Jun 7 18:57:42 CEST 2004

I think what Peter is saying is:

  i. If someone wanted to use the ISO15924 script code 'prsl' (not currently
assigned, I believe), then they wouldn't have to submit a request for it.

  ii. If someone wanted to use 'prsl' in an extension (e.g. a private use
subtag), then they also wouldn't have to submit a request for it.

  iii. If someone wanted to use 'prsl' as a primary language subtag, then
they would have to register it.

  iv. Otherwise 'prsl' is forbidden as a (variant) subtag *and* cannot be
registered under RFC 3066bis.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.