Question on ISO-639:1988

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 15:54:15 CEST 2004

>>I will be in Canada for the second half of June. The postal strike
>>lasted a week and has been over for a long time.

Point taken... although it took quite a long time to get the post going
again... will arrange for a copy to be posted forthwith...

>>I looked at the description of Irish that is or was on the
>>Linguasphere website once, and it divided things up so much that I
>>find it hard to see a use for it.

There are many uses including cataloguing etc. and these uses will become
more apparent as we start to look more at mobile technologies and the
cataloguing for spoken/audio/signed/written media.

But really, from my own point of view, it is about looking at what we might
require from a system in the future and allowing for ALL eventualities even
if their strict uses are not yet apparent.

Debbie