the new registry -- possible future directions

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 11 07:50:05 CEST 2004

It just occurred to me that it might be a useful exercise to consider
the potential applicability of ISO 11179 "Metadata Registries" to this
registry. I'm not suggesting, though, that we should slow down
development of the new RFC to redesign this registry to be an ISO
11179-conformant registry. One possibility, though, would be later for
ISO TC 37 to formalize what's done here as an ISO standard, using the
ISO 11179 framework (which various projects within TC 37 are already
doing).

Peter Constable