"my browser ... puts up a box"

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Sat May 31 19:00:22 CEST 2003

Ar 12:25 -0400 2003/05/31, scríobh John Cowan:
>Marion Gunn scripsit:
>
>> What, then, is the code for the English of 'Northern Ireland'?
>> (GB+NI=UK.)
>
>GB is, for better and worse, the code for the United Kingdom of Great
>Britain and Northern Ireland.  No one has ever requested a code for
>Ulster English: should anyone do so, its proper form would have to be
>devised for the purpose.

Ulster has 9 counties (3 south of NI's border, 6 north): I must ask if JC
is  personally proposing to reduce Ulster to 2/3, expressing a radically
new USA policy, or broadcasting for Reuters (some of us lay odds on the 3rd
option)?
mg

--
Marion Gunn * EGT (Estab.1991) * http://www.egt.ie *