The term "agency" in ISO 639

John Clews Scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk
Fri May 30 12:07:18 CEST 2003

> At 23:43 -0400 2003-05-29, John Cowan wrote:

> >Can someone please either point me to a definition or give an informal
> >explanation of the term?  In particular, can an NGO be an "agency"?

In message <p05200a00bafcc86393d0@[195.218.110.72]> Michael Everson
replies:

> Ask the 639 RA/JAC.

You're an observer on the JAC! :-)

Or is it now a full member?

Anyway, you've probably seen my own observations on this by now, from
me as a JAC observer.

John

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),
Email:  Scripts2 at sesame.demon.co.uk
Web:    http://www.keytempo.com

Committee Member of ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC22/WG20: Internationalization;
Committee Member of ISO/TC37/SC2/WG1: Language Codes
Observer on the ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee