The role of country codes.

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Thu May 29 08:43:56 CEST 2003

Peter Constable wrote on 05/29/2003 07:34:05 AM:

> > With the
> > introduction of script information into language codes the double-duty
of
> > the country codes no longer works well. The obvious priority is to
place
> the
> > differences in vocabulary and syntax before the script information and
> the
> > orthographic differences after, I don't think this translates well to
any
> > suggested encoding.
>
> It seems to me Jon is concluding failure before considering
possibilities.

I forgot to add to the end of my last post: I do not intend that this
greenlighting on possibilities for eventual syntax (suggesting that
consensus might not yet be final and complete) should be seen as cause for
delay action on Mark's 9 requests, which are forward compatible both with
the possibilities I raised, and with opposing alternative possibilities.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485