Encoding scripts in tags: evil or just unpleasant?

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Fri May 23 21:54:11 CEST 2003

Tex Texin wrote on 05/23/2003 03:00:09 PM:

> I looked at ISO 639 and I see nothing to indicate sr refers to a
cyrillic
> form

Items in ISO 639 do not, as defined by that standard, imply anything about
script, except perhaps (given the lack of documentation, it can't be said
with absolute certainty) in the case of Turkish pre/post 1928.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485