LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri May 23 03:23:28 CEST 2003

Mark, I confirm as Registrar that I want actual consensus on these
matters from more than a couple of guys with particular
implementation problems. I do not feel confident that conflating
15924 and language tags is the way to fix this, and if I did I would
certainly register things. Talking about "appeal" is not making me
feel any better. Go talk to Ken and Harald. I cannot see all the
implementation ramifications about this and it feels more and more
like an urgent quick fix for you, and that makes me feel just as
icky. If this were a set of duplicate characters I would feel just
the same.

Show me consensus on these matters. Please.