FW: LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORMS

Martin Duerst duerst at w3.org
Thu May 1 16:41:47 CEST 2003

At 22:34 03/04/30 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>Michael Everson scripsit:
>
> > I rejected yi-Hebr because it was the default. Peter Edberg proposed
> > that we devise a table of defaults.
>
>Hebrew script is *overwhelmingly* the default for Yiddish.  No such
>overwhelming default exists for Azeri.

As far as I understand, Michael has spoken against Serbian in Cyrillic,
not about any of the Azeri, Uzbeki, or Chinese registrations.

It would be my understanding that Serbian is overwhelmingly
written in Cyrillic, but that there is no overwhelming script
for the other languages. But I might be wrong, having numbers
would definitely be good.

Regards,    Martin.