en-GB-oxford LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Mark Crispin mrc at CAC.Washington.EDU
Sun Jun 15 10:34:17 CEST 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Michael Everson wrote:
> I'm sorry if you think Oxford spelling is "stupid", which is what I
> guess you are saying,

I didn't say that.

> but for my part I consider Oxford to be the
> highest of authorities for English lexicography. You may have another
> preference.

Indeed.  Oxford is (indisputably) an authority, but I am less sanguine
about considering it to be "the highest of authorities."  I'm not
convinced that there is such a thing.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.