[Fwd]: Response to Mark's message]

Peter_Constable at sil.org Peter_Constable at sil.org
Wed Apr 9 18:59:06 CEST 2003

Martin Duerst wrote on 04/09/2003 01:29:07 PM:

> In effect, 'orthography' could go as far as including things such as
> number formatting or date formatting, and maybe even sorting.

That feels like it's going too far to me. There are certainly cases of a
single way of writing a given language may involve communities
conventionally use different date formats. Likewise for sorting. I'd need
some convinincing on this (but I'm open to listening to arguments).

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485