xx-XX-nnnn vs. xx-nnnn in Chinese and German

Peter_Constable@sil.org Peter_Constable@sil.org
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:32:57 -0600

On 02/13/2002 02:57:58 PM Torsten Bronger wrote:

>Mmmh... what's wrong with the "canonical" approach?
>
>            Language   Subform   Orthography

My main concern with this is that "Subform" is neither defined, nor is
there any guidance as to in what kinds of applications or usage scenarios
it's likely to be relevant. Meaning that people will use it willy-nilly
whenever it suits their fancy, meaning lots of inconsistency. If we
resolved those kinds of issues, I probably wouldn't have any concerns with
whatever else follows.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>