Haitian

starner@okstate.edu starner@okstate.edu
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 22:18:45 -0600 (CST)

>How gnomic and gnomish!  I wonder if French and Afrihili (the Scylla and
>Charybdis of modern languages?) had to have those forms submitted, or if
>ISO sanctified them with codes not by works, but by grace.

The group encoding languages logically encoded all the languages they
were familiar with to start with. Are you claiming that they should
have filled out forms for French to prove to the rest of the committee
that it was a language in need of a code? That's exceedingly beaucratic.

Perhaps Haitian deserves its own code, but if no one bothers to send a
form, obviously no one has a strong need for it.