I approve the registration of de-DE-1901 (German, Germanvariant, traditional orthography)

Martin Duerst duerst@w3.org
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:44:47 +0900

While I think Michael could have waited a day or two longer, I'm
glad he has made the step forward and ended the specific discussion.
I don't mind if there is some more general discussion, but I would
prefer not to have to continue the specific discussion.

At 18:56 02/04/26 +0100, Michael Everson wrote:
>Do people want to tag the dialect first or the orthograpy? The chief users
>appear to be already tagging dialects by selecting their calendar and
>keyboard preferences in their locales at system level, and subsequently
>pre- or post-1996 orthography in their applications.

Please be very careful. There is a big distinction between "Standard German
as used
in Switzerland" and "Swiss German Dialects". de-DE, de-AT, de-CH are correctly
called variants, not dialects.

Regards,    Martin.