Peter_Constable@sil.org Peter_Constable@sil.org
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:33:33 -0500

On 04/26/2002 10:15:36 AM Martin Duerst wrote:

>- There has been a claim that all authors write with the intent
>   of either using 1901 or 1996 orthography.

Clarification: there was a claim that, whenever people tailor content in
terms of vocabulary for users in one domain / region or another, they write
with the intent of using a particular set of orthographic conventions. If
you thought I was making a more general claim, I apologise for not making
that clear.

>   Otherwise, people
>   don't consiously write to a specific orthography the same way
>   they don't write conciously to a specific vocabulary.

And in those situations, people do not need to use tags with qualifiers for
either orthography or vocabulary; e.g. "de" alone is fine, indeed is most
appropriate.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>