Unicode & IETF

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 13 18:29:09 CEST 2014

Can someone answer a question?  (Not that question, the following question)

Is the concern that there's an already registered domain that used the wrong character because the actual letter wasn't available?  Or that this may happen in the future?  Or that after it is properly registered, users may still use the wrong character for whatever reason?  Or some combination of the above?  Or something else?

I assume that there is some concern along those lines because if there were no confusion then there'd be no problem (unless I'm more confused than I think!)

-Shawn