Updating RFC 5890-5893 (IDNA 2008) to Full Standard
kswitalski at opera.com
Wed Nov 14 16:50:39 CET 2012
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:56:24 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at annevk.nl>
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp at opera.com> wrote:
>> I asked our developers who implemented this.
>> Hi Simon!
>> First of all what we have is not IDNA2008 + UTS46. In general we've
>> implemented IDNA2008 + RFC5895 but with few diversions:
>> - we NEVER prevent DNS lookups,
>> - all domain names violating IDNA2008 (and some more, listed below) are
>> presented in UI in the punnycoded version (rfc3492) only. Those are
>> - contain characters classified as INVALID (rfc5892),
>> - contain characters classified as CONTEXTJ or CONTEXTO but in
>> context (rfc5892),
>> - for which BIDI rules are not met (rfc5893),
>> - are using characters from 2 or more scripts that should not be
>> used together (our own heuristic that e.g. blocks displaying
>> http://www.gooɡle.com/ - IDNA2008 allows that one).
> Opera still has support for IDNA2003 domain label separators.
Yes, that's true.
> Opera also implements the non-normative (and not recommended per the
> email from John) mapping in
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5895#section-2 per some limited testing
> I did. At least fullwidth is mapped to ASCII.
Yes, that's what I meant by "we've implemented IDNA2008 + RFC5895".
More information about the Idna-update