Updating RFC 5890-5893 (IDNA 2008) to Full Standard

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Nov 8 06:45:11 CET 2012

On 2012/11/08 13:18, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> I think this should happen sooner or later. However, Anne van Kesteren
> recently pointed out that the major browsers haven't yet done too much
> with respect to implementing UTR 46, which I'd guess implies that they
> haven't yet implemented much of IDNA 2008, either (Anne, can you confirm
> or clarify?).

By chance, I found the reference that I was referring to again:
http://annevankesteren.nl/2012/09/idna2008

I also found some mentioning that Opera implemented IDNA2008:
http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/presto2.12/networking/
I haven't tested it, and I don't know what exactly (if anything) Opera
is doing for backwards compatibility. (On the above page, IDNA 2003 is
still mentioned as supported.) Simon, do you know more? Any feedback
from Opera on IDNA 2008?

Regards,   Martin.