WGLC: draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04.txt

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Wed Apr 27 18:05:48 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 05:56:15PM +0200, Stéphane Lancel wrote:
>    " But IDNA2008 depends on Unicode and its properties.  If Unicode changes
> properties such that something moves from PVALID to something else",
>
> is that not a change in Unicode, i.e. a new version ?

It is.  That's what the issue is in this case: there's a new Unicode
version, and a code point's properties changed from one version to
another, such that the derived category in IDNA2008 changes from
PVALID to something else.  Have you read the draft?  This is called
out quite explicitly in section 1.

> Yes, and their properties change for the same character ?

Please don't bring characters into this.  We are talking about code
points, and we don't need to muddy the waters.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.