Mapping Poll - REQUEST

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 9 18:55:40 CET 2010

IMO the key point is to update to the latest Unicode tables.  (& fix issues, esp with BIDI).

Sorry, but having domain name mappings change based on some user, machine, or locale config is not generally helpful.  I can't think of one place that type of behavior could be useful.  Having a canonical, unmapped form is mildly interesting, but you had that with IDNA2003.  (If you wanted, you could do X?=ToUnicode(ToASCII(X)) and see if it had changed or not).

With IDNA2008 my changes will be to change the BIDI rules, and update the mapping tables.  Anything else provided by IDNA2008 aren't features I'm using.  (Some additional work though is still useful because the registrars should be using them even though I'm not on the client).

-Shawn