RTL labels and numbers?

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Wed Oct 14 06:50:58 CEST 2009

--On Wednesday, October 14, 2009 07:45 +0300 "Abdulrahman I.
ALGhadir" <aghadir at citc.gov.sa> wrote:

> 1)      Act same as what the protocol do now (preventing all
> domains which start with digits).
>
> 2)       Register domains which start with digits and lock the
> same domain which end with digits and the opposite.

As I think Andrew pointed out, the presence of DNAMEs in the DNS
makes the second option infeasible-- registries have no real
control over the labels that may appear in a domain name other
than those that they, themselves, are registering into zone
files.

regards,