Mappings - some examples

Alexander Mayrhofer alexander.mayrhofer at nic.at
Mon Nov 30 15:27:40 CET 2009

> Google's stats on Catalan use under .cat is about 80 million pages,
> over a space of 40k domain names, which I simply can't assign a high
> level of confidence too, much as I'd like to assert 80m/40k
> == average
> Catalan use / domain name in .cat.
>
> What level of confidence is asserted to the data offered?

There was no assertion of confidence. However, other figures seemed reasonable, like 99.99969% of the observed domain names contain a ".", and about 87% contain an "o". The older numbers from 2006 are public here:

http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/idna-update/2006-December/000108.html

("ß" was much more popular back then - i suppose because of the "example" and "test" labels...)

Alex