Mappings - some examples

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Nov 30 15:17:44 CET 2009

Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
> The only numbers i could gather was Erik van Poel's statistics from Google's inventory of crawled host names - he came up with 0.00001% of the domain names containing an "ß" (compared to 0.00122% for "ü").

Google's stats on Catalan use under .cat is about 80 million pages,
over a space of 40k domain names, which I simply can't assign a high
level of confidence too, much as I'd like to assert 80m/40k == average
Catalan use / domain name in .cat.

What level of confidence is asserted to the data offered?

Eric