Mapping?

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 30 08:56:28 CET 2009

> Long term, I don't want "pass.alvestrand.no" to have a ghost alias
> "paß.alvestrand.no" that I can do nothing to stop people referring to -
> or even detect that they refer to.

> Mappings are, long term, a Bad Idea.

But do you expect to have PASS.alvestrand.no?  (not quite the same, but it seems that some mappings are required).  Or, if it had diacritics, NFD form on user entry?  (Some machines prefer NFD, but I'd think you want all mac users to visit.)

Plus, all we'd have to do is make an A record or CNAME, pointing to your site anyway, or worst case a redirect :)

-Shawn