Touchstones for "Mapping"

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Tue Mar 31 09:57:06 CEST 2009

I very much agree with Harald. We are working on IDNs because we want
humans to be able to easily read domain names in their script. Storing
them as A-Labels when there is a reasonable chance that humans will
have a look at them (e.g. in HTML or XML source, email source,...)
is against the very intent of IDNs. Authors are humans, too, even
if they work on plain text :-!

Regards,    Martin.