Punycode Mixed-case annotation

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Mon Jun 29 15:43:45 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:34:47AM +0200, Marie-France Berny wrote:
> - ecole.fra
> - école.fra
> - Ecole.fra
>
> These are three French orthotypographies of three different semantics which
> may relate to three different IP addresses. How do you propose to support
> them ?

Please don't hijack this thread.  The mapping of lower-case non-ASCII
characters with respect to upper-case apparently-ASCII characters is
_not_ the same question as the effects of lower- and upper-case ASCII
across the U-label/A-label boundary.

I think the answer to your question has already, previously, been
provided.  The answer is that what you would like is effectively
impossible at the global level, and if you think the answer as to how
to do it is obvious then I think you and I have a very different idea
of how DNS works and what IDNA2008 is aiming to accomplish.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.