CONTEXTO Proposal

Michel SUIGNARD Michel at suignard.com
Mon Jul 20 23:51:14 CEST 2009

Mark, I don’t think I fully agree with you here. Like Andrew, I don’t see why A.1 (Hyphen-minus) should be removed if it’s a requirement of DNS, then it is just as well expressed here. Moving the B group (Arabic-Indic digits ) is probably fine. For the six CONTEXTO I don’t see what is gained by relaxing considerably their usage, especially the middle dot. Counting on glyph positioning to differentiate usage is highly risky, fonts have many positional variants for those characters. And the context rules restrict their usage, still using very simple rules, therefore I don’t see the harm in keeping CONTEXTO as of now, with possibly the exception of the B group.

Michel