Stop me if I've misunderstood...

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sat Jul 11 17:28:45 CEST 2009

can we possibly describe the potential side-effects of choices?

If we were to follow the basic proposal in mappings-01,
could we offer a few concrete examples of choices.

For example, suppose a user is currently employing a
system that maps according to IDNA2003. What differences
would this user experience if his system applies the
mappings outlined in mappings -01 instead of IDNA2003?

Might we be able to describe other concrete examples?

Clearly it is impossible to describe every possible case
but could we offer illustrative examples that might be
useful as guides for implementors to help them make
a choice about mappings? Would they be sufficient to
support language such as SHOULD apply the
mappings-01 rules?

vint