Charter changes and a possible new

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Wed Jan 14 03:45:42 CET 2009

>I'm concerned that the current IDNA2008 track record is going to lead to an update at a very inconvenient time in our release cycle for several products.
>
>I'm wondering if it would be possible to *quickly* add important scripts/characters to IDNA2003, perhaps addressing the 80% case?

My proposal was to hit the 100% case when compared to current IDNA. That is, it doesn't add any new features or technologies other than the improvement in bidi, it just adds rows to the existing tables. I do not think that should take so long. (I fully admit that if my draft tried to do all the things that the current WG work is trying to do, it would take just as long and end up just as complex; that's why I chose to go for the simple update.)