Another thoughts on TRANSITIONAL

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sun Dec 6 13:51:18 CET 2009

i think alireza has the right idea here. It should be possible to plan
registrations
under IDNA2008 rules on a registry by registry basis (I mean registry
in its
most general sense, not just TLD) and to do them in such a way that
takes
into account awareness that IDNA2003 and IDNA2008 compliant software
will persist, in parallel, for a considerable time. In some ways, this
is the same
kind of problem that IPv4 and IPv6 pose from the deployment point of
view.