Additional thoughts on TRANSITIONAL

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Fri Dec 4 17:04:06 CET 2009

Cary's letting you off easy.

Erik van der Poel wrote:

> PVALID (or CONTEXTJ for 200C/200D). We encourage ICANN to redelegate
> TLDs the registries of which flout our rules.

In 25 words or less, explain RFC 2826.

For extra credit, list the root constellations and the scripts present
in each root and the populations each currently serve. You may use
public registration data as of Q209.

For extra extra credit, list the scripts and their markets where
mechanisms independent of root constellation offers pervasive support
for scripts other than Latin. Again, You may use public registration
data as of Q209.

If you were anywhere near the Pitcarin Island, or the Iraq redel
fiascos, you'd be cautious, or wear gloves, and watching you make a
"flout our rules" presentation to the GAC would be entertaining, along
the lines of watching the EU's rep attempt to nail the version of
Unicode used by IDNAbis into a normative GAC text.

Eric