[iucg] Comments on draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-10

jean-michel bernier de portzamparc jmabdp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 02:15:07 CEST 2009

Elisabeth,
you only consider the formal aspects. Technically,

2009/8/31 Elisabeth Blanconil <eblanconil at gmail.com>

> "(i) A change to the "punycode" algorithm or to the ACE approach to
> encoding names  in the DNS."
> -> this is now what you propose.

this is something we could support if it helped majuscules support.

"(ii) A change to the ACE prefix from "xn--"
> -> you now propose a change from "xn--" to "$$--"

this is something wich is not Internet specific and we need to see organised
at a multilingual digital ecosystem adminance level (ISO?).

> "(iii) A change to the basic approach taken in the design team
> documents (Namely: independence from Unicode version and elimination
> of character mapping in the protocol)"

we said we did not object that change. If independence (i.e. net neutrality)
remains the ultimate objective.

Portzemparc
an IETF user