Consensus Call Tranche 8 (Character Adjustments)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Oct 16 14:56:00 CEST 2008

Dear Jaeyoun Kim,

I think all of us want to do the right thing with regard to the JAMO
question. It is probably fair to say that there is not yet agreement
as to what the "right thing" is or how to achieve it although my
impression so far is that there is some consensus that any registries
who wish to follow the restrictions recommended by your Korean team
are free to do so. The more fundamental question is whether the JAMO
symbols should be formally excluded from IDN usage by protocol rather
than by policy. I will try to summarize where I think the discussions
have gotten on this topic but in any case, further input from you
will be much appreciated.

vint

NOTE NEW BUSINESS ADDRESS AND PHONE
Vint Cerf