Consensus Call Tranche 1 (Document Organization)

Yoshiro YONEYA yone at jprs.co.jp
Fri Oct 10 17:19:42 CEST 2008

> Place your reply here: [YES or NO]

NO

> COMMENTS:

Rationale document should be an informational document that explains
- background of IDNA2008
- IDNA2008 design concept / philosophy
- IDNA2008 documents structure
- IDNA2008 requirements
and so on.  If it is intended to be "informational", it should be
just "informational".

Normative materials should be described in other documents such as
protocol document that evolve through standard track.  We should
avoid such cases that no recommendations in rationale document such
as local mapping are implemented in applications and lost backward
compatibility with IDNA2003.  In order to assure this, standard track
documents should have all relevant normative materials.

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yone at jprs.co.jp>