Tuning of Defs, Protocol, and Rationale

Yoshiro YONEYA yone at jprs.co.jp
Tue Nov 18 07:12:40 CET 2008

Apologize my delayed response.

Keeping backward compatibility is essential for consistent operation
and user experiences.  Backward compatibility issues between IDNA2003
and IDNA2008 is written in several places of rationale document, and I
think they should be summarized briefly in one place and refer to
operational and/or application implementation guideline(s) with concrete
examples.  For example, separator mapping is essential in CJK area.
Also, such kind of guidelines are useful to keep compatibility between
various applications compliant with IDNA2008.  At least, CN/JP/KR/TW
ccTLD engineers believe having such guideline is essential and the
guideline should be BCP.

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yone at jprs.co.jp>