AW: Oustanding issues tracking

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue May 27 16:52:39 CEST 2008

On 27 maj 2008, at 15.43, Georg Ochsner wrote:

> - unresolved: SHARP S
>
> I would like to mention the open "sharp s" issue here.
>
> Can we please keep this in mind and/or on the TODO list.

So far the conclusion I have seen is that "sharp s" is possible to
enter according to IDNA2003 due to the mapping features that does not
exist in IDNA2008. There are proposals for creating mapping to the
IDNA2008 standard, but nothing firm yet (links to Mark's proposals
have been passed around).

Sharp s has not been possible to register in DNS in IDNA2003.

And there is nothing else than mapping that "makes sense" for these
reasons (and more) in IDNA2008.

Because of this (and the fact no text is proposed for the tables
document), I see no consensus of changing anything in the IDNA2008
tables document.

     Patrik