support for Quechua?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat May 24 03:20:11 CEST 2008

At 02:32 24/05/2008, Vint Cerf wrote:
>Just reading about strong increase in Quechua in South America
>including recent translation of Don Quixote into that language. About
>5 M speakers if NY Herald Tribune report is to be believed.
>Do we support this script/language in IDNAbis?

IDNA bis is tied to Unicode which supports every script. Languages
use scripts. One simple rule of thumb is: scripts are end to end
digital formats (they belong to the IETF). Languages are brain to
brain protocols (which do not belong to the IETF) but may have some
impact that are to be addressed at the presentation layer (that IDNA
fakes at application level).
jfc