Changing DISALLOWED (was Re: Reserved general punctuation)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri May 2 19:23:30 CEST 2008

At 18:58 02/05/2008, Debbie Garside wrote:
>Hi John
>Thanks for the insight into IETF procedures but I was merely going by my
>experience of RFC's which never seem to be published within the timescale
>originally set within the Charter.
>
>That said, I do take your point that we could amend in haste and regret at
>leisure.  I just think that some sort of mechanism for updating according to
>"Mark's 3" should be incorporated unless we can realistically say that an
>RFC can be delivered within the timescales you specify - in which case I
>would be happy.

This problem of delays is important. I understand that ISO 639-6 FDIS
will be published soon. Will it include, or will you put online by
then, the tables you announced a few times over the years "for the
end of the year". Actually, I do not want to tease you on this. And I
am sure you have improved David's list a lot. But these compact codes
could be used in some IDN related format to pass information on the
particulars of the environment of an IDN and possibly help the current debate ?
jfc