Proposed Charter for the IDNAbis Working Group

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Fri Mar 28 06:27:34 CET 2008

At 21:35 08/03/27, Gervase Markham wrote:
>Martin Duerst wrote:
>> This is different from some very specific, small subset of symbols
>> that may be highly similar to e.g. dot or hyphen or so, which indeed
>> can create problems.
>
>Are you willing to evaluate all the non-letter characters for confusability and come up with an exceptions list of banned characters, then? :-)

I wasn't arguing for or against disallowing all symbols, I was
mainly making the point that for most symbols, it doesn't matter.
In terms of charter, and for the resulting spec, that would mean
that for most symbols, whether they are in or out in the end isn't
a high priority issue.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp