Proposed Charter for the IDNAbis Working Group

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 26 18:09:27 CET 2008

I also like this version of the charter.  I do have a couple questions.

I like that phishing is out of scope, but I expect that some security related issues will come up (ie: symbols?)?  I wouldn't mind pointing users to a more appropriate doc (like UTR36 or something)

I don't know how to interpret the "that removes any character mapping in the protocol" part of (iii).  Perhaps I'm misreading "character mapping."  I expected that many characters are expected to be removed (eg: symbols).  Additionally, above it says that non-backwards compatible changes could be considered.  What should my expectations be?

I've been lurking so maybe I misunderstand the current view of the "unfortunate" characters allowed in the 2003 version.

Thanks,

- Shawn