Changes in tables from Unicode 5.0 to 5.1

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Wed Mar 19 07:15:50 CET 2008

I have checked what changes we will get when we go from Unicode 5.0 to
5.1 (given version of 5.1 that existed last Friday on the Unicode Site):

1. There is one codepoint that is DISALLOWED in 5.0 and PVALID in 5.1

In 5.0:
02EC;MODIFIER LETTER VOICING;Sk;0;ON;;;;;N;;;;;

In 5.1:
02EC;MODIFIER LETTER VOICING;Lm;0;ON;;;;;N;;;;;

Reason for this is that it changes from being GeneralCategory Sk to
General Category Lm. This in turn make the codepoint from not being in
any of the categories in IDNA200X to be Category A.

This codepoint because of this would be forced to be added to category
G IF this draft had been posted as an RFC:

    Category G - Backward compatibility

2. No codepoints are neither PVALID nor CONTEXT in 5.1 but was PVALID
or CONTEXT in 5.0

3. No codepoints are PVALID or CONTEXT in 5.0 but something else in 5.1

4. 2288 codepoints are UNASSIGNED in 5.0, but PVALID in 5.1

5. No codepoints are UNASSIGNED in 5.0, but CONTEXT in 5.1

      Patrik