Proposal for the charter

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Sat Mar 15 14:03:39 CET 2008

I also disagree with this proposed change.

I also want to point out that the registries will have a fundamental
role in the deployment of IDNs as their policies to a large degree
will be where further restrictions on ability to register domain names
in the zones the registries manage can be policed. On lower levels in
the dns hierarchy, people will be able to register whatever codepoints
they want (according to the IDNA200x standard -- and in some cases
most certainly with violations because people try to use the
violations as an attack vector to services, just like we see such
violations today).

    Patrik