Comments on the Unicode Codepoints and IDNA Internet-Draft

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Jul 30 03:16:50 CEST 2008

At 10:51 29/07/2008, John C Klensin wrote:
>(where "stupidity" in this case is a comment about my personal
>opinion about registries (at any level of the tree) who permit
>domain names in scripts about which they have no understanding and
>seek no advice that would improve their understanding).

I am sorry, as many, many others ones : I am one them.

As a Registry the only thing I can do is to register what people
require. On which legal ground could I do otherwise ?

Since I have _no_ understanding of what you are _really_ about, all
what I can do is to loyally publish your own advisory texts, but none
can be understood since none is published in any of the concerned languages.

If you want IDNA to be used please explain it as an application "plus":

(1) if your application includes IDNA, you can enter Unicode strings
instead of ASCII DNs.
(2) to know which the extended ("xn--...") DN to register in order to
get a Unicode string supported please use "Extended domain name to
register to support a desired Unicode string" function in your
application menu.

This text being worded in technically invariant terms for the 25.000
concerned language entities.
I said I was stupid.
jfc